Tips for Seniors for Safe Travel through Asia
After retirement, a lot of people want to spend some their life savings on traveling the world and seeing places that they never had time to visit whilst pursuing a career. Asian countries are amongst the most popular destinations. Not only is travelling to Asian countries often cheaper, but these countries have an exotic vibe that attract people from all over the world.
But senior citizens need to be careful when they are traveling to Asia. There are a few people who will try to take advantage of them knowing that their instincts and reactions are slowing down, and they can't move as fast as younger travellers. Here are some tips to make your trip safer.
1. Choose Your Destination Wisely: Senior citizens need to be extra careful while choosing their destination. Long flights can be tiring and stressful, especially if you are over 70. Always choose a destination where language will not be a barrier. There are many Asian countries like Singapore, Malaysia, Philippines and Hong Kong where Englihs is widely spoken, so you don't have to struggle with phrase books in languages that are difficult to pronounce. You should also try to choose a locations within those countries that offer senior citizen friendly activities.
2. Book Wisely: Senior citizens should always book a non-stop flight instead of connecting flight as the later can take a toll on their health. If you live in the European countries and you are traveling to Asia, then it is advisable for you not to take a connecting flight as it takes a lot of time as well as effort. As a senior citizen, you also need to book the right hotel for yourself. Always read the reviews online to get the best deals on hotels. There are a lot of small hotels in Asian countries which might offer a sweet deal. But don’t trust them blindly unless you have read the reviews. It is advisable to choose a hotel that is located in the middle of the city and has facilities such as wheelchair, elevator, etc. available.
3. Focus On Your Packing: As a senior citizen, you need to pack only the essentials. Try not to make your bags heavy as you have to carry them around. If they are too heavy, it might be bad for your health. Do not forget to take sunblock with you if you are traveling to Asian countries, especially islands such as Maldives or Bali, in order to avoid sun damage. It is also advisable to carry insect repellant creams if you are traveling to Asia.
4. Take Your Medications On Time: You need to take your medications on time otherwise your health can take a toll on you. All of your medicines should be in their original container otherwise it will create problems during a security check. Be sure to carry a prescription with you in order to avoid problems in foreign countries.
5. Use The Facilities For Senior Citizens: Almost all the Asian countries are quite hospitable, and there are special measures that are taken for the benefit of senior citizens. There is a special wheelchair service in Singapore Changi Airport that is available for senior citizens in case they are not feeling well. Senior citizens can also avail discounts on various services.
These are some of the things that you need to keep in mind if you are a senior citizen who is planning to travel to Asian countries. Asia has a lot to offer and you will surely enjoy your trip if you plan your trip wisely.